Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional Ability

A Second Preference applicant must generally have a labor certification approved by the . A job offer is required and the U.S. employer must file an , on behalf of the applicant. Applicants may apply for an exemption, known as a , from the job offer and labor certification if the exemption would be in the national interest.